Sunday, November 4, 2007

Welcome to the DARK SIDE

Well this week we had a bit of a beer .. err I mean home emergency. Our fridge died so I had to get the apartment complex to let us use another fridge in an empty apartment. The beer though is staying here with me in a cooler.

Important things first you know. Also this week's cast is about dark beers and some of the things people believe about them. I think dark beers get a bad rep. because of the color. Dark means heavy and thick. yes some are but most are not and if people would give it a chance they would find out that these beers have a lot to offer.
As I said I did for get to mention my black beer chili so I will give you that recipe as well. as the links to the sites mentioned
Sprecher Brewery
http://www.sprecherbrewery.com/index.php
Leines' brewery
http://www.leinie.com/

Now for the chili
I use a crock pot to let is sit all day and get all kinds of tasty
1lb ground beef
2 cloves garlic
1 can tomato paste
3 cans tomato sauce
1 can black beans (or use red if you like)
2 table spoons of cumin (more or less to your taste)
1teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon red pepper
4 dashes Tabasco
1/2 cup green onions
1 flat black beer (I use Sam Adams black Lager)

Fry up the beef, onions and garlic
drain off the fat and place in the crock pot then add the rest of the ingredients to the pot and cook on low for about 6-8 hours.

Serve with a good dark beer, shredded Cheddar and corn bread and you got a meal.

Also thanks once more to The Lodge and hello Tim and Ryan I hope you are listening.
http://murphyspubcast.mypodcast.com

No comments: