Sunday, December 9, 2007

Bells pouring in IL and a very cool beer cellar

This week was a fun week. I had my birthday at the lodge as all of you know. The food there is just awesome. Also I picked up a Kwak gift pack and had lots of fun trying to figure out how to beer and drink the beer with that glass. After a fashion I was able to figure it out. I suggest you pick on up and try it for yourself.

I really wish I had some more beer news for you but I have been very bsuy this week with Xmas shopping and all that fun of the holidays.
Let me give you the links and stuff before I give a bit of news that I read the other day.
Coolest beer cellar
http://www.flickr.com/photos/21533483@N05/sets/72157603396620359/

Bell's
http://www.bellsbeer.com/index.php/home

Kwak Beers
http://www.bestbelgianspecialbeers.be/main_eng.html

Listen to me at
http://murphyspubcast.mypodcast.com/

Email
murphyspubcast@yahoo.com

The NEws below is from the Beeradvocate site but I found it intersting.
NEWPORT, OR (December, 2007) - On February 7, 1990, the Central Committee of the Soviet Union's Communist Party agreed to endorse President Mikhail Gorbachev's recommendation that the Party give up its 70-year long monopoly of political power. In the following weeks 15 Soviet Republics held their first elections and the Warsaw Pact was dissolved.Rogue is commemorating the historic event by launching Imperial Red on February 7th, 2008. Imperial Red is the newest addition to Rogue's award winning Imperial Family of XS products that include Old Crustacean Barleywine, Imperial Stout, Imperial India Pale Ale, and Morimoto Imperial Pilsner. The Imperial Family of XS products has been awarded 59 medals for taste and packaging, and are available in 750 ml ceramic swingtop bottles and on draft.Celebrating its second century, Rogue Ales is an Artisan Varietal Brewery founded in Oregon in 1988, as one of America's first 50 microbreweries. Rogue has 550+ awards for taste and quality and is distributed nationally and in 9 other countries. Rogue Ales also operates 9 embassies: Brewers on the Bay, Rogue Bayfront Pub, Rogue Wolf eel Cafe and the Rogue House of Spirits in Newport, OR; Rogue Distillery and Public House in Portland, OR; Eugene City Brewery in Eugene, OR; Rogue Astoria in Astoria, OR; Issaquah Brewhouse in Issaquah, WA, and Rogue Ales Public House in San Francisco, CA.

No comments: